Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My house is killing me!

A book, By Jeffery C. May.

I have been reading this book for the last few days, and may I say Oh My Gosh! I knew that there were allergens in all of our homes, but I truly had no idea the extent of the damage that is being done every minute of every day to our health. And if you happen to have a child or two which is my case, with Asthma, I strongly suggest that you get this book and read it. Jeffery May, tells you all about the little pests that are invading our lives, why and how to eliminate them. I myself am now trying to work up the nerve to ask my landlord to replace the carpet with anything but carpet, not sure how he is going to take it, but it's worth a try.

The number one important action that needs to be taken, PETS! I know that we love our pets and they mean the world to us, but honestly let me ask you a question, who do you love more Fido, or your child? And yes I know that there will be kicking and screaming, kids love their furry friends, but unfortunately pet dander is one of the main allergies that children with Asthma share in common. It is so important for us to put their health first, 5000 children die a year in this country from Asthma! That number is heart stopping to me, the thought of one of my amazing children dieing from a disease that can be managed better then it currently is, horrifies me.

That being said, I am now looking for homes for our cat and dog. My daughter is wanting a lizard or a snake (OY VEY) to replace them, but that will have to be decided later. For now baby steps, and trying to clean up my already clean house. And suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

My House Is Killing Me, By Jeffery C May

No comments:

Post a Comment